The Shelby County Amateur Radio Club (SCARC) meets at 7:00pm on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. Our meeting location is in the Pelham Fire Department Training Center at 663 Stuart Lane. From Highway 31 in Pelham, turn west onto Industrial Park Drive, then left onto Parker Drive, and right onto Stuart Lane. Go to the end of the short road, and we're behind the fenced in area, the gate will be open. Check out this map:
You can usually catch someone on 146.980 MHz (PL 88.5)
if you need talk-in.
Visitors are always welcome!
Field Day 2016
Field Day 2016 will occur on June 25th/26th. No license needed to operatate, we will have a special station just for interested folks!
Field Day will be held behind the Shelby County Emergency Management Agency (EMA Website), 504 Hwy 70, Columbiana AL 35051. (Map). When you arrive, drive around the left side of the buliding. You'll have no problems spotting all the Antennas!
Note: See the Upcoming Events section below for information concerning the regular club meeting prior to Field Day.
For more information on Field Day, visting the ARRL page dedicated to Field Day.
- Special pre-Field Day Meeting The regular meeting of Thursday June 23rd will not be held. Instead, the club will meet Friday evening, June 24th at the Field Day site.
- Helena Hamfest - October 8th, 2016 Our annual hamfest is coming up quick! See the Hamfest website at http://helenahamfest.com for full details.
- VE Testing is held the first Sunday of odd-numbered months at 2:00pm at M-Power Ministries, 4022 4th Avenus S, Birmingham, AL 35222. For more information, contact Jim Rogers, W4ATK at 205.982.9466 (h) or 205.919.5441 (c).
- VE Testing is also held the first Sunday of even-numbered months at 2:00pm at our regular meeting location on Stuart Lane (see map above). For more information contact Joe Ford, K4NVJ at 205.668.6553 (h).
- Michael Spanos will host a "ham-cram" event, a one-day study-and-license-testing session at your club or other organization. Contact Michael at email@example.com or visit the ARA Group's web site www.aragroup.org.